Rio Rocket’s Super-Sweet Sugar-Free Strawberry-Infused Lemonade
PREP TIME: 15-20 min.
CALORIES: Very few
CATEGORY: Summer Beverage
SHARE URL: https://goo.gl/tjds3A
[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
I’m going to show you how to make summer lemonade quicker, sweeter and better than most other methods…
The first thing you’ll need to have in advance is ICE. About two ice-trays or 32 ice cubes to be exact. For hardware, a 40oz mason jar will hold a little more than two servings.
Let’s jump in.
• About 20 packets of Stevia
• 1 tbsp of organic raw blue agave (optional)
• 3-4 lemons (one lemon needed for lemon slices)
• 8-10 strawberries (two whole strawberries needed for final drink)
• organic fresh basil leaves
• 1/2 cup of vodka or gin (optional)
1. We’re going to make a “simple syrup” so the stevia doesn’t just fall to the bottom of the mixture. If you’re a real “G” and insist on using sugar (or just don’t have stevia) then GO for it. Bring about 3-4 cups of water to a light boil in a saucepan and stir in the stevia. Add 1 tablespoon of raw agave (optional) and continue to stir for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Juice 3 lemons while you’re making the simple syrup into a bowl. Finely slice 8 strawberries into the lemon juice and sprinkle over one packet of stevia or tablespoon of sugar. Let sit for about 7-10 minutes in total as the strawberries can absorb the lemon juice.
3. Pour the juice into a mason jar (I used one 42 oz jar) and then pour in the simple syrup. It should still be very hot so use of a funnel is recommended.
4. Here’s where the magic happens! We won’t have to refrigerate the lemonade prior to drinking because we conveniently prepared two trays of ice cubes prior right? So add these ice cubes you so conveniently prepared (you evil genius) and as they melt they will become the cold water portion of the lemonade.
5. Top with a slice of lemon, two strawberries, and a fresh basil leaf.
6. Serve. Enjoy.