Rio Rocket’s Brain Boosting Avocado Toast [Recipe]
COOKING TIME: 10 min. SERVINGS: 2 | CALORIES: 300 | CATEGORY: Breakfast/Lunch
Start your day off with a massive nutritional kick or boost your brain at lunch.
This quick and easy-to-make avocado toast recipe will give you what you need to reach your peak state and tackle your day.
• 100% wheat sandwich thins (or toast)
• 1 avocado
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 2 poached eggs (or over easy)
• Nova Scotia lox
• coconut oil
• cedar plank salmon seasoning (or a seasoning of your choice)
Avocado and salmon are incredibly healthy foods and when combined with coconut oil, lemon juice and toast it makes for a highly nutritious and delicious dish.
1. Crack an egg in a pot of boiling water (for poached egg) or in a non-stick skillet with coconut oil (for over easy) and cover for a few minutes. For soft yolks, you’ll need four minutes, half-soft yolks take 6 minutes and firm yolks may take 8 minutes (4 minutes on each side for over easy).
2. While your eggs cook, toast the wheat sandwich thins in the toaster oven.
3. Remove toasted sandwich thins and place Nova Scotia lox on top.
4. Place eggs on top of Nova Scotia lox and top with fresh salsa.
5. Slice the avocado and half and then slice each half into thirds. Place three slices on each on top of the salsa.
6. Finally, sprinkle lemon juice and Cedar Plank Salmon seasoning (or a seasoning of your choice) on top.
Brain Boosting Ingredients
Egg yolks contain choline which is a precursor of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter vital to nervous system activity and cell membrane structure.
A carrier oil which facilitates seepage and absorption of other nutrients. Aids in healthy functioning of the thyroid and also boosts immunity and digestion.
Anti-inflammatory food rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, and potassium. Lowers blood pressure and maintains optimal functioning of your brain and nervous system.
Anti-inflammatory food high in oleic acid and potassium which maintains electrical gradients in the body’s cells to serve various important functions.