All Graphic Design by Rio Rocket
Rio Rocket’s ‘Iron Wo/Man’ Quinoa
PREP TIME: 15 min. SERVINGS: 2-3 | CALORIES: 250-325 | CATEGORY: Vegan Lunch
SHORT URL: https://goo.gl/sA7LNj
Ladies and Gentleman you’re in for a great vegan salad recipe bearing the resemblance of your favorite iron armored superhero (and his big green companion) with crisp, crunchy bursts of flavor. Best of all it’s packed with the nutrients you need to maintain Peak Performance throughout your day.
• 1/2 lb of red quinoa.
• 1 large bunch of curly kale leaves finely shredded (discard the thick center rib).
• 1 pound brussels sprouts, finely shredded.
• 1/2 teaspoon salt.
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, from about 2 lemons.
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
• 1 tablespoon raw blue agave or raw honey.
• Gongonzola Salad Topper (can be found at Fairway, Whole Foods, etc).
• Mango-Pineapple Salsa.
1. Rinse quinoa in a strainer and boil in a pot over medium-heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, stir.
2. Once water reaches a rolling boil, lower heat and cover until quinoa fully absorbs the water (10-15 minutes).
3. Fluff quinoa with a fork and place in a large bowl.
1. Finely shred the brussels sprouts (about three at a time) and a handful of kale leaves into a smaller bowl while quinoa cooks.
2. Place greens over cooked quinoa.
1. Whisk lemon juice, mustard and agave/honey into a small bowl. Sprinkle in salt and pepper.
2. Drizzle over the greens to desired effect.
1. Pile mango-pineapple salsa over greens (mango, pineapple, plum tomatoes, onion, green pepper, crushed garlic, cilantro, fresh lemon-lime juice, salt, orange chunks).
2. Sprinkle gongonzola mixture* (BelGioioso crumbled gorgonzola, dried cranberries, chopped unsalted toasted almonds, chopped unsalted walnuts.)
* Manchego, Goat or Parmgiano-Reggiano cheese may be used as a substitute but you will have to purchase dried cranberries, almonds and walnuts separately.
Healthy: It's In The Ingredients
A true superfood! Gluten-free, contains all nine essential amino acids, high in fiber, protein, B-vitamins, magnesium, iron, potassium and other various antioxidants. Eat more quinoa and upgrade your armor.
Improves stability of white blood cell DNA (to fend off overexposure to gamma-radiation). Rich in vitamin A, C, K, folate, B6, B1, manganese, dietary fiber, choline, potassium, phosphorus and omega-3 fatty acids.
Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. High in iron, fiber and has zero fat. High in vitamin A, C, K, alpha-linoleic acid (omega-3) and folate (a B vitamin important for brain development).
This Supercombo clears skin, boosts immune system, improves eye health, lowers cholesterol, has cancer fighting antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory benefits so you’re not in too much discomfort while saving the world.